Special Educational Needs
The government has put in place a number of measures to bring about improvements to the way that Special Education Needs services are delivered.
Local authorities and other services, including schools, will now be setting out a local offer of all services available to support children who are disabled or who have a special education need (SEN) and their families. The local offer will enable families to understand what services they can access and what support they can expect. The offer will include provisions from birth to 25, across education, health and welfare.
The potential outcomes of the SEND report are:
- To provide clarity and confidence for parents
- To support earlier intervention
- To reduce the need for assessment
- To identify needs and gaps in provision
- To provide an evidence base for improving progress and securing better outcomes at school and local level.
Mrs Glenda Glenwright
Special Educational Needs Coemail@example.com